Wednesday, November 21, 2007

So ....

So far this blog is a little boring. Although I'm just a teensy bit proud of the slideshow I figured out how to add.

I've heard from a few folks re: their church shopping experiences thus far. Although, it seems that a few of us didn't go anywhere holy on that first Sunday "off".

Comments so far:

"We went to Langley Evangelical Free church today and came away feeling like we had connected with God. We knew a few kids there, and liked the music and the energy of the young pastor. I saw familiar faces too, and was glued to the message (Rev. 3:14-22, being hot or cold, not lukewarm). I felt a bit strange though, a little guilty for liking somewhere new, and still sad to have to be looking for a new church home."

"We visited a church called The Bridge. It meets in Matsqui Community Hall in Matsqui village. It is an offshoot of the Abbotsford Vineyard and is the church Brian Doerksen, the musician attends. He was touring with his band, and 4 of the pastors were on a missions trip to Russia, but it was still a good experience. The two halves of the congregation sit facing each other with the worship band at one end on the stage. It is different, but helps take the focus off the band as entertainers. The youth pastor spoke. We were in the minority, agewise. Everyone seemed between 16 and 30. The 9 o’clock service has a Sunday School so I imagine there are lots of young families there. We plan on visiting again in a few weeks when the regular pastors are back. The church is growing rapidly and has already bought 15 acres in Matsqui. It’s a bit of a drive but there is a lot on energy and enthusiasm. The girls did comment that no one greeted or spoke to us. I guess the friendliness of Murrayville spoiled us."

"We went to Bethel Menno just close to us here-The preaching was great, but nobody talked to us or acknowledged us as visitors (probably because a family or 5 can slip in unnoticed I guess), they were an older bunch, a few little kids, - apparently 30 youth were on a retreat but I was wondering who their parents are or maybe they come with their grandparents cause I didn't see too many our age..."

Anyone else want to share an experience?
I thought I'd keep them all anonymous, unless you tell me otherwise.

No comments: