Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wow. I go away, and people get all settled...

I recently heard from 4 families that have found new church homes. How awesome is that? Congratulations. I am envious. (errhm. Is that a sin? To be envious?)

Anyway, I've put the poll back up, so if you'd like to indicate where you're at in the 'find-a-new-church' journey, that'd be great.

Any youth out there looking for a place to go on Tuesday evenings? Aldergrove Alliance seems to have a pretty good group, and apparently some of "ours" attend. Max and Drew might give it a try if someone else goes too...

If you've had a really good experience in a church you've visited, let us know. Sharing info is a good thing.

1 comment:

lene said...

One of my favourite things at Johnston Heights church in Surrey is the sign language during the singing! It's so cool, especially since I really, really hope to get into learning sign language again (a number of years ago, I had taught myself a little bit from a book). The main reason that I want to start learning it more is because of the experience I had in Burkina Faso. I met Nelson there last summer! He is deaf and it was so wonderful to be able to talk to him using sign language. And I understood him better than I could understand the French speakers (even with my limited memory of ASL - American Sign Language)! :) He was really excited that I knew a little bit of sign and he was very helpful and patient as he taught me some more. What a great way to be able to communicate with people regardless of their national language! (Well, as long as it's the same sign language being used). ;)

However, I'm not sure if this is the church I sense God calling me to. I will try some more and pray more. I'll try one or 2 that are really close to where I live, and Crossway has also been highly recommended to me by a friend in Vancouver. I will try that one sometime too ... although it's a bit farther than I had hoped to go. But if God puts a church on my heart, the distance is irrelevant (hey, the 40+ km round trip I made on Sundays for 5 of the 9 years I was at MCC is a case in point). ;D