Wednesday, November 28, 2007

From Esther:

I felt like God led me to a passage of Scripture after our vote to close the church. It spoke to me and was a great encouragement, and I wanted to share it with everyone.

"I took you from the ends of the earth,
from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

~~Isaiah 41:9-10

Though we may be struggling with discouragement and questions of "Why, God? Why did you let this happen to our church?", this is God's promise to us. He has not left us - any of us. He has hand-picked each one of us from Murrayville Community Church, and He has great things in store for each of us! And He promises that even when we don't understand what is going on, he is with us - he will strengthen us, help us and uphold us in his hand!


Esther

No comments: