Monday, November 26, 2007

So? Where'd YOU go yesterday?

Last minute changes in our schedule had me going to Southgate by myself.
They are half-way through a "simplify" series, where everything is pared down. No huge worship team - just 3 guys on guitars and a keyboard. No slick video announcements - just the pastor's wife letting folks know what's what. No power point slides to reinforce the pastor's message - just him sitting on stage, sharing his heart.

I liked it.
And the message/sermon?
It was from God to me.

Other than that... let's see...
I slipped in unnoticed.
I sat in the back hoping the chair would camoflouge me.
There were no familiar faces.
There was no 'meet and greet' after a few worship songs :)
Everything felt awesome when some friends came and sat beside me.

How 'bout you?
What was church like for your family?

No comments: